Shiloh House Shiloh house was the temporary house of founder John Alexander Dowie. The final home that was never built was named Mt. Carmel and was to be placed in the southwest corner of the city. This was the highest elevation in the city.
Excavation was begun in November of 1901 and the house was finished in the summer of 1902.
The article below was taken from the local paper the Zion Banner.